Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm Not Really Gone


It's been a little while since I posted, but wanted to reassure everyone that I'm not really gone. I've been around, stewing on ideas, lurking on various writing websites. Never fear, I haven't given up or lost the writing bug. With a lot going on personally, I needed a break.

So, what's been going on you ask? Well, only because you asked, I did manage to finish three short stories (one suspense, one horror and one teaser to a paranormal romance series I've been thinking quite a lot about) and work out the rest of the plots of my urban fantasy novel and my paranormal romance novella.

I submitted one short story to a flash fiction contest. It was my very first submission and was very exciting to see the process. According to the publisher, there were 20 spots and 60 submissions. They were looking for fantasy and my story borderlined on romance. So, with all that in mind, I wasnt surprised that I got my first rejection letter.

Otherwise, I've only been toying with writing. That is, until the last couple days. I started a new project. It was meant for a particular purpose, but as most projects do, it took on a life of it's own. Now it is something very different, but very special and dear to me. It is a memoir of sorts and is so personal that I doubt I would ever share it or dare publish it. Perhaps after I am a successful writer and someone goes through my things once I've died. Or then, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment