Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And so it begins...

I was always one of those anti-blogger people. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other people and their blogging. I was mostly anti-blogger about me, personally, blogging. Who am I? Why do people care what I had for breakfast? So, why clutter up the internet even more with useless information.

Then, an idea struck me. What if I write about something that's both meaningful to me and might help others out there in cyberspace? Now I was on to something. I might be willing to revise my whole anti-blogger stance with thoughts like that. (It also helped that it was suggested that writers have a blog so that publishers/agents have somewhere to go to look you up.)

So here we are. This is the first post in a blog about my thoughts, struggles, victories and not-so-victories in the written world. I recently started writing fiction again and, for some ridiculous reason, feel that I have what it takes to be a good writer. Not a great writer, but definitely and solidly good.

Having no formal education in anything even remotely related to fiction writing and my only exposure to writing at all having been through the business world, I decided it was finally time to jump in with both feet. Little did I know that I jumped into the deep end. I might swallow some water along the way, but I certainly don’t intend to drown.

I’ll be documenting my journey and adventures in my quest to better my writing skills. Writing down what lessons I come across will reinforce that information for me. So I’ll be less likely to forget what I learned. Hopefully, I’ll also be sharing with other people who struggle with grammar, punctuation and those infamous rules. I struggle with those every day. If I can explain how I overcame those struggles and help someone else, then I will have found this blog worth the trouble.

There won’t be daily posts, because if I learned that much in such a short span of time, let alone wrote about it, my head would explode. However, I plan to try to learn as much as I can, as quickly as I can, and will try to keep the blog up-to-date with my discoveries.

Comments are a whole other animal. I’ll be checking for comments daily and will try to respond as I can. Any questions or any topics you want me to try to cover? Leave me a comment or send me an email. I’ll try to accommodate as I can. Of course, that would mean that I actually have followers and my mom and husband don't count. We'll see how that works out.

In the end, we’ll all be able to look back and see my growth, both as a writer and a person. I hope to meet many new friends and make very few enemies along the way.

Welcome to my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment